Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Graduation 2008

So it has been some time since I wrote and I was looking over my blog and realizing I was quite a funny one (If I do say so myself!) I was looking over my rant on cereal and chocopillows...It is quite interesting how much I love cereal! I mean I eat it about 3 times a day or at least snack on it in some form.
Anyways, so it has been a crazy year and now graduation is about to come around. If you read notborntorun's blog, she did the personal shopper to find the perfect outfit for MY graduation, however I still have nothing to wear!
So last weekend I went to Lord & Taylor's and attempted the personal shopper experience. I of course brought my camera and dragged my roommate kate along...did I tell you how much I HATE shopping?
So I get lost at KOP (2nd largest mall next to mall in america) and the personal shopper, [insert forgotten name] finds me and brings me to the personal shopping room. She picked out some dresses ahead of time and I wanted to vomit. They all looked like old people clothes...no offense to some of the old folks out there. But being the sport I am, I decided, what the heck, I will try on everything. So I begin my process and kate shows up and helps me through hell. I went through about 20 dresses, liking only one, which showed a bit too much cleavage, and ended up getting a dress which both the Personal Shopper and Kate thought was PERFECT for my body. I felt like I was wearing a yellow trash bag. Not that it was not a nice dress, I was just covered and felt old. ugh. not a good feeling when your graduating and realizing that you do not get to play sick or hooky from school anymore. sigh.

So kate tries on a few of the dresses for kicks, finds a PERFECT dress that I had already tried on and it fits her like a glove and makes her legs look long *(we call her the midge)*

So I buy the ugly dress, she gets the cute one.

And then I go home realizing I really hate the one I got, end up going online and buying one I loved at Nordstrom's and praying it fits, looks amazing, and kicks everyone else's dress in the butt. Competitive? me? Who woulda thunk it!

So...updates on the dress status to come shortly!
adios chicos.

1 Comments:

Blogger jeanne said...

like mother like daughter!

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home