Sunday, October 01, 2006

Malaga

So I forgot to write about the bullfight, which I went to last weekend. It was a good experience but def. something I don't need to see again. There were six torros, which are the bullfighters, and I took some videos which I will attempt to put up. But it was def. hard to watch! I mean they kill 6 bulls right in front of you and then parade the dead bull across the stadium and people cheer. SO I was not that pleased with it, but glad I went to say I saw a huge part of the culture in spain.
BUT anyways, enough about that one. So I went to Malaga this weekend with a few girls from my program on friday, because I have no class on fridays (woo woo!) and then we came back saturday night. It was just the beginning of realizing that traveling never goes as planned. So my friend Kate and I decided we were going to go with two other girls, but one girl has a tendency to flip out and not be able to make decisions. drives me up the WALL, So kate and I decided to book a hotel close to the beach that when split between four people it would be cheaper than a hostel, but it was booked for only 2 people. We took the autobus to Malaga, which is about 2 1/2 hours away from here. THen we took a public bus cerca de the hotel...which we found out is near A BEACH, but no where near the center like it said it was. Then Kate had paid with her credit card and they would not accept a copy of her passport only an ACTUAL passport. So we were afraid we wouldnt have anywhere to stay. Luckily we just called a random hostel in the guide book, got a taxi, and found the hostel which had an amazing view of the ocean and the ports and was smack in the center of the city! It was great. Then we got some ham and bread and some PEANUT BUTTER (which is no where to be found in Sevilla) and devoured the food. THen a little playa, a little drinking during the night, and a little meeting of aussi boys. So overall it worked out for the weekend, oh until a $20 dress I bought in the states, which the zipper broke on once, and then I paid $20 for a new zipper...BROKE AGAIN. so that dress is donezo.
Anways, I'll post some pics up and a video from the bullfight.
oh ps. IT IS MY 20TH BDAY ON TUESDAY. yeppie!

2 Comments:

Blogger jeanne said...

that made me smile...except for the bullfight part and the psycho girl...
love you!
mamasita

4:49 PM  
Blogger jeanne said...

oh yeah...HAPPY BIRFDAY!

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home